Nek5000 is a free open-source simulation-software package that delivers highly accurate solutions for a wide range of scientific applications, including fluid flow, thermal convection, combustion and magnetohydrodynamics.
It features state-of-the-art, scalable, high-order spectral element-based algorithms that are fast and efficient on platforms ranging from laptops to the world’s fastest computers.
Nek5000’s users include over 400 scientists and engineers in academia, laboratories and industry.
- Runs on all POSIX compliant operating systems
- Written in Fortran77 and C
- Pure MPI for parallelization
- Proven scalability to over a million ranks
- Easy-to-build with minimal dependencies
- High-order conformal curved quadrilateral/hexahedral meshes
- 2nd/3rd order adaptive semi-implicit timestepping
- Efficient multigrid preconditioners
- Parallel I/O
- Lagrangian particle tracking
- Moving mesh and free surface flow
- Efficient Low Mach-number formulation
- Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD)
- Conjugate fluid-solid heat transfer
- Meshing tools and converters
- VisIt & Paraview support for data analysis and visualization
For more information check out our project on GitHub.